Friday 28 February 2014

My Mac palette



Hello everyone, today i am going to be telling you about My Mac eyeshadow palette. Now i know that anyone who is in love with beauty has a Mac palette and i have to raise my hand and say that i now have one too. I already had an empty four pan palette ( i bet you guys know what its like, you have to fill a palette, dont you?). So i decided to take the plonge and purchase some, i only had one Mac eyeshadow prior to this, which was espresso (i use this to fill in my brows). The only thing that held me back from buying Mac eyeshadows before was the price, and to be honest they are really quite expensive at £10 each in pan form. I already owned the Urban decay Naked 2 palette, so i didn't really need these eyeshadows, but i really did want them (you know how it is). So this was a purchase i made in November when Debenhams had 10% off, which i suppose makes the price a little bit better. The shades i chose were Brule, Naked lunch, Quarry and Mulch. These eyeshadows are really lovely and are very nicely pigmented, but the question is are they better than my Urban Decay ones. The answer is simply no, not really i would say they are both equally pigmented but the main thing that highers Urban Decay in my opinon is the price, their eyeshadows work out so much cheaper, so that is why they top Mac eyeshadows to me. But i will admit i do still really do love my Mac ones especially Quarry (favourite status over here), but the others i would day are comparable to the Urban Decay and other cheaper brands.

Here are the swatches-










As you can see they are actually incredibly pigmented, and lovely. In a nutshell i would repurchase them, even at full price, my only gripe is that you can get so much more for you money (ie-Urban decay, MUA) so essentially what i'm saying is that if you want some Mac eyeshadows then buy them you won't regret it, but you may feel a little 'hard done by' if to you £40 of makeup if expensive for eyeshadows.
Here's a link to the Mac website-http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/


Please tell me in the comments if you are planning to buy something soon?

Thank you for reading xxxA

No comments:

Post a Comment